Monday, February 21, 2011

Chamomile And Valerian Root

Audio Book # 1 - Copy Man Mark Henry

long long time ago that I announced to you, sometimes for audible.de audio books to review. My first audio book was chosen and quickly too. Through the examination phase of the study, my review, however, has delayed further and further. And after I had completed all the exams, I found it more difficult to continue writing the review. So I've heard the audio book on a new identity and wants you to show off my first review J
What is it? - That says audible.de
"revenge can be so beautiful! Exploited, exploited, fooled: million former and current interns their employers would like to send to hell. Here comes a funny and absurd novel, which makes her dream come true.
Finally, end with depressive placements, is pleased Anton on his first real job at a research institute. Unfortunately, his future employers he has not yet set an unpaid trial period before the nose - and two direct competitors. Besides Thorsten was exactly that Sophia, with whom he has spent the last WG-party a great evening - until completely unsuccessful one-night stand. Over several weeks, Anton tormented by the most outrageous projects, but then the termination to get. When he learns by chance that Thor and Sophia went as well as his decision: Revenge is sweet! Together with Thorsten, Sophia and other like-minded people, he developed a perfidious plan to his last company is a clear to once and for all, that the dignity of the trainee is inviolable. "

The author?
Markus Henrik were born in 1982 and belongs to a generation of self-training, around which it revolves in his book "Copy Man". Mark Henry became known after he published his 2007 song "Red" as a video on Youtube. A short time later, His second song, "Payday", which made it to the playlists of more than 60 radio stations. Markus Henrik denounces in his songs and videos in small action ("Shopping 2017") to the machinations of politics and the economy. In the spring of 2010 he published the book on the same topic "Copy Man".

The speaker?
Mark Henry did not miss to take to read the audio book itself. This was not as usual in a recording studio, but to perform in his own kitchen or, for example, in the shower to the sound effects realistic. The entire Audio book is unique in what I'm in my own opinion would like to discuss in more detail.

My opinion
I of this audio book for the start of my audio book reviews have selected because it is tailored to my current situation.
I stand with my studies, just before the master thesis and I must make already worried that I then get a job. Trained I am, then you might even master in his pocket and I am not suitable. "Not enough experience" is so common in the rejection letter, if not just from the typical AGG-phrases are exercised.
The protagonist Anton is in the book of Mark Henry face the same obstacles as I did, but he is already on active job search and is believed to have arrived at your destination with the promise of the market research institute.
The narrative of the book is slightly loose and trickles merrily to himself. The story is from the perspective of the protagonist Anton Kiewicz in the telling first-person form. By a young and sometimes a bit rude language, and the peculiar way to read the audio book, it succeeds Markus Henrik the audio book to present very authentic. It seems as Anton would even the listeners, the book aloud during breakfast in the WG. Thus, the audio book for example, starts with the fact that Mark Henry on the phone with a full mouth and the listener will notice, as he told his party that he now read the audio book, since the production company had no money left for a studio. As another example: During a Kloganges of the protagonist, it rings as if he would actually go to the toilet (vlt he has also ...). So much to give, you only a small impression of what ye under the peculiar way have to understand the audiobook. For me, this kind of audio book from scratch and initially I was a little unsure whether I will like it or not. In retrospect I can say that it absolutely fits the story and that Mark Henry gives the book authenticity. As already mentioned, the narrative of the book very young and fresh. I would describe the writing and the story not as a milestone in the literature. As a book I would have completely read probably either on a rainy Sunday or immediately put aside. The story is relatively flat, though lively and cheerful says. But through the rather detailed description of the book (see above;)) I was the course of history in the first half, if not the first 2 / 3 of the book very clearly. I waited as listeners only that the points from the description passed at last, and could take up the story right away. However, the much heralded revenge from the description was to my mind too fast and too shallow told. Since the first half of the book was really exciting when you already knew long ago what will happen because you had read the description.
On the whole, the audio book was very entertaining and a special listening pleasure, as Mark Henry has done the reading really good job. At the second half of the story in my opinion could be filed after a bit, but particularly in view of the fact that this was the first book by Mr. Mark, I evaluate not as bad as the J
What I liked about the book is particularly good, critical look at the machinations of the economy. Mark Henry protested against the book with the usual methods now all divisions with poor, if not do not even occupy paid interns. My concerns to find a job after graduation, have not indeed to the audio book just reduced, but I will now certainly give more attention to the fact that happened to me not the same as the protagonist Anton Kiewicz.

Title: Copy Man - A Novel interns
Author / Speaker: Markus Henrik
Price: 12,95 € at audible.de
Length: 3:44 unabridged

Did you like my first review? What could I do better for the next?

0 comments:

Post a Comment